- Alabama 2013
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama State Bar, Young Lawyers Section
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama Association for Justice
- National Organization of Social Security Representatives
- National Association of Disability Examiners (2007-2011)
- Alabama State Employees Association (DDS Chapter, elected as Disability Examiner Representative 2009-2011)
Brian has been with WK since 2011. Brian gained his Social Security disability training and experience in his years as a Disability Specialist with Social Security Administration’s (SSA) initial claims decision making agency, called the Disability Determination Service (DDS). At the DDS Brian adjudicated Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) adult and child claims. Also, at the DDS Brian was awarded two Positive Feedback Pioneer Awards by SSA’s Office of Quality Performance. This award recognizes claims adjudicators that employ outstanding disability claims practices.
Brian represents WK clients in disability hearings before SSA’s Administrative Law Judges (ALJ) throughout Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Georgia as well as appeals before the Appeals Council and United States District Court. In addition, Brian also manages WK’s disability practice as to day-to-day operations as WK’s Disability Practice Manager. Brian also recently received his accreditation from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to represent veterans in the preparation, presentation, and prosecution of claims for veterans benefits before the VA.
Brian received his undergraduate degree from Jacksonville State University where he was named Peer Educator of the Year in 2005. Brian then attended Troy University where he received his Master of Public Administration degree. While at Troy, Brian was named Outstanding Graduate Political Science Student of the Year for 2006-2007 and later served on the Troy University Master of Public Administration Advisory Board. Brian completed his law degree at Birmingham School of Law. He attended law school while working full-time at the DDS and WK. Brian is originally from the wiregrass area (Malvern) of Alabama.